Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 10:06 PM   #1631 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
anybody notice that the exact same picture for the spikes in Montreal was used for spikes in London....duplicate buildings in two different cities?

^picture from Montreal story

^picture from London story

even has the same puddle

even though i call bullshit on those two articles....this is really happening and it's sickening

there is an underpass in downtown Seattle that has "art" under it....which just happens to be huge concrete spikes

i can't find a picture of it....but it's right at the end of the Market where Belltown starts
Nice insight into how news is manufactured, bob!

In fact, isn`t the whole thing a complete non-story ? Yes, the spikes are potentially hazardous and definitely shouldn`t be allowed where children or other unlucky innocents could hurt themselves. But anti-homeless devices date back to the earliest days of construction and have been accepted without outrage: English castles have moats and American houses have white picket fences. Other anti-homeless devices include 45ยบ ramps (US embassy in London) and cactus hedges (poor Mexican householders). So, yeah, the spikes should go for safety reasons and the property owner could think green and plant some shrubs instead -but trying to generate a trans-Atlantic scandal out of one doorway is not exactly responsable journalism imo.