Music Banter - View Single Post - What Concerts Are You Going To In The Next Few Months
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 06:19 PM   #3349 (permalink)
Josef K
A Jew on a motorbike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetales View Post
Went to my first black metal show last night woo. Pretty cool and i looked very out of place. 90% of people were wearing band ts which i have one of. Also saw a very cool "synth punk" band called Catholic Girls and now im quite interested in their stuff.

Could potentially see Oneohtrix Point Never and Killer Mike tonight. Neko Case tomorrow. saturday im hoping to see Julianna Barwick but my friends are bigger fans of St. Vincent, who plays at the same time so i may have to suck it up and go alone. Spiritualized, Touche Amore, White Lung are also all possibilities for earlier Sat. and all this while seeing other lesser known bands. Sled Island be damned this is very fun.
Oh, Spiritualized are (is?) even close to me, and are (is?) one of my current favorite artists. Too bad I missed that this is happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate paper doll View Post
Lucky! Review please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana Kovacheva View Post
pls - your feedback on King Crimson and Nick Cave
It was kind of incredible. He opened with "We No Who U R", which was good, but "Jubilee Street" really killed. I'm not a huge fan of the song (I like the latest album but I don't love it), but it might have been the best he did the whole show. "Tupelo" and "Red Right Hand" were great, as you'd imagine. "Mermaids" was comparatively low-key but went really well. He did a couple songs each from The Good Son and The Boatman's Call, which aren't albums I like, but the performances were way better than the studio versions (especially in the case of the two from The Good Son, which were "The Weeping Song" and "The Ship Song", the latter of which was part of the encore). The encore was three songs, and excellent. Honestly, most of the songs were those that he almost had to play, but he really owned that. And most of it was crushingly loud in the best way possible - but the quieter stuff was pretty fantastic as well (especially "God is in the House"). Full setlist.

In short, if you can see a show on this tour, do, especially if this is your first concert of his (like me).
Josef K is offline   Reply With Quote