Music Banter - View Single Post - Your favorite Metallica album?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 10:04 PM   #154 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Even more of my thoughts:

If I was going to rank the riffs and/or guitar playing on Metallica's first four, AJFA would far and away be #1, followed by KEA, MOP, and way, way behind the others, and in dead last by far, would be RTL. The riffs for "Seek and Destroy," "Master of Puppets," and "...And Justice For All" are permanently etched in my brain forever, but if you asked me to recall a riff for any song from RTL is, I wouldn't have any clue.

Wait, that may not be true. After about a minute of seriously thinking about it, I can recall-wait never mind, I was thinking of the riff to "Disposable Heroes" lol. Yeah so I seriously can't remember the riff for any song from RTL.

I don't know what it is about that album, but it is easily my least played Metallica album, and I barely listen to it outside "Call of Ktulu" which is the only mainstay from that album for me.

I'm not going to say anything like AJFA should have more votes and RTL should have less, but can I at least offer forward the idea that AJFA contains some (some) of Metallica's most brutal material? Do other fans not lose it when they hear "Harvester of Sorrow," "To Live Is To Die," or "Dyers Eve?" Are Hetfield's vocals on "...And Justice" not one of his best performances?
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote