Music Banter - View Single Post - Electronica & EDM combination album club! ® (Whew!)
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 12:26 AM   #122 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Keys N Krates

1. What were your VERY FIRST impressions on listening to the album, say from the first five minutes in (first time)?
I was impressed how many things were thrown together with this album, yet it somehow managed to sound very good.

2. Did your first impressions change, i.e., did the album get better or worse as you listened to it (first time)?
Well, the first track was great, the second and third were a bit dull, but then the album got much better.

3. Which was stronger in your opinion, the opening tracks (first 2-3 songs), or the ending tracks (last 2-3 songs)?
Well the first one is straight up gold IMO, but I would say the latter tracks because "Lucifer" was also very good, but the last three in general were pretty solid.

4. On repeated listens (if you did so), did you find you liked the album more, or less? Feel free to be very detailed if you like.
The album got way better when I listened to it again. It's really rapidly becoming a favorite of mine.

5. What is your favorite track from the album, if you have one?
"Let It Rain" for sure because of that triumphant fanfare-type-riff is some really slick stuff, and the bass line is also pretty great.

6. What is your least favorite track from the album, if you have one?
"Uncle Otis."

7. Did you change your favorite or least favorite track as you listened to the album?
My favorite was always the first, and my least favorite was always "Uncle Otis."

8. How would you describe the variety of tracks available on this album? Feel free to be very detailed if you like.
The variety is pretty immense. The album is only an EP so it's short but every song is very different from the others.

9. What is the overall mood on this album?
There isn't a good way to definitively describe the mood as it goes all over the place because the songs are very progressive in a way.

10. Is this an album you would listen to again all the way through (for personal, recreational use, outside of listening to it for this club), or are there just a few songs that you would listen to?
I may be tempted to listen to the entire album again, but for sure I will be listening to the first and last track a few more times in the future.

13. Do you see any way the album could have been improved?
Not really. This album takes so much material from different genres and really throws it all into a blender and it blends so well...I can't see anyway to improve it really. It's pretty damn good.

14. Would you recommend this album to others?
Yes. Given all the different genres this album covers, I can seen basically anybody finding something they like on this album.

15. Are you interested in listening to more albums by this band?
Oh for sure. These guys are great.

16. What sub-genre, if any, would you assign this music to?
I have no idea. It's like the heavyness of dubstep combined with instrumental hip-hop

18. Your overall album rating on a scale of 1-10 (whole numbers please. Also, please BOLD or otherwise make this rating easy to see. Use this color pattern for ratings:)?
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote