Music Banter - View Single Post - Kate and William, Together, Forever.
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 09:05 PM   #205 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
People can say what they want to against the royals, but they add a certain character. Not necessarily with their antics, but just as monarchs from a bygone era. It's just a novel idea that is more interesting that not having them. To illustrate what I'm vaguely talking about, think of the pyramids. I'm sure people probably starved because of the money that the pharaohs spent on their construction, and there's really no way to justify that, but if they hadn't built them Egypt would just be some other country in the Middle East. But with them and their mummies they've fired the imaginations of countless generations. Would you really give that up? The royals may not be that cool, but still, I think they're worth having around for the novelty factor if nothing else.
I'm not saying you are wrong but when they built the pyraminds they supplied a type of ancient beer (or mead) and bread to the workers...at least the workers didn't starved. And mummies are more likely to be found in the Valley of the Kings than under a pyramid... durp

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote