Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 11:34 AM   #1664 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Satanic monument being built for oklahomas statehouse
Also, Stephen Colbert has a segment on it here. Satanic Monument for the Oklahoma State House - The Colbert Report - Video Clip | Comedy Central

This made my day. I laughed so hard reading this, but now I'm kind of borderline afraid.

To be fair though, the satanists (seriously, a group of "satanists" raised money for this) have somewhat of a good argument. If the Ten Commandments can be enshrined at the statehouse, surely a a Baphomet statue sitting on a throne with an inverted pentagram above it is acceptable. Also of note Baphomet is completely unrelated to satan, but who cares.

Quote:
When the monument is finished, the Baphomet will rest on the block beneath the inverted pentagram. His lap will serve as a seat for children.
You can't make this stuff up. haha.

It gets better though.

Quote:
An Indiegogo campaign was launched with what seemed like a somewhat lofty goal of $20,000, but by the time donations ended almost $30,000 had been raised. Now an artist trained in classical sculpture is toiling away in New York, crafting a Baphomet figure sitting beneath an inverted pentagram and flanked by two children gazing upward in loyalty. When it is finished, it will be cast in bronze and, the Satanists hope, eventually displayed in Oklahoma.
Cast in bronze??? These guys are sparing no expense to make this a legit idol that baal worshipers from 2000 years ago would honestly think is a real idol haha.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote