Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 05:51 PM   #11580 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

I've only recently started listening to Clutch, but I'm already a 100% convert. Sometimes I find myself thinking that if a band could just get on the radio then they would blow up. This so totally applies to Clutch. Heavy enough that any FM rock radio cretin can dig them, melodic enough not to scare any but the elderly, and with songs that would tear the charts up. I imagine the upsurge that country has had in the last decade or so has been because mainstream rock radio has only had the likes of Nickelback and Avenged Sevenfold to throw up, while hip hop reigns supreme, so all the rednecks just end up listening to Toby Keith instead. Rednecks would totally eat this **** up. I could so see this band possibly revitalizing mainstream rock if given the right chance.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote