Music Banter - View Single Post - The Worst Of Mainstream/Pop
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 11:49 AM   #86 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
DJ, you're tripping man.
You really think She's So Perfect is up there with the absolute worst music in the mainstream?

In my eyes, it's one of the better radio songs at the moment. It's fun, it's catchy, it's got sing-song vocals. What more does anyone want from a pop song. It's a big summer anthem.

I think you could make that case for a lot of the new boy bands, One Direction, Union J, etc. I could see why the concept of young males like that getting so much attention and fame might annoy people, but to say their music is the WORST stuff on radio is a far fetched statement.
As pop music, it's actually pretty good. I don't think there's a great difference between the quality of music they're putting out and what Backstreet Boys/Nsync before them put out.

And nobody at the time said either of those bands were the absolute WORST of radio.
Wait, I thought everybody did. Wasn't that the point of boy bands? That every guy under the age of eighteen thought they were a crime against music and heterosexuality?
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote