Music Banter - View Single Post - The Slut Debate
Thread: The Slut Debate
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 02:05 PM   #310 (permalink)
Musicwhore A-Z
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicwhore A-Z View Post
Interesting thread and comments everybody. I think it's unfortunate that women have been tagged with the word "slut" throughout history, unlike men. The double standard is disgraceful, to be blunt. The only point of contention I would have is if it rains, wear a raincoat. Sure, one could say the other option is not to go out in the rain, but that's not always realistic, as most would acknowledge.

Someone earlier asked "Do prostitutes count?" Personally, I would say no. Simply because that's how some of them make their living. Truth be told, a prostitute can have more integrity than a spouse or "significant other". By and large, you'll get the who, what, where, when, and how BEFORE it takes place! Or rather, how much? The aforementioned spouse or S.O. will tell each other nothing, most notably when they begin dating, or doing, each other, take your pick. Rightly or wrongly. But I digress.
I saw an interesting story/P.R. stunt ( take your pick...) online that somewhat ties in with a previous post of mine quoted above. Evidently there is talk about Vegas businessman () Dennis Hof bringing a temporary brothel to AZ. in conjunction with Super Bowl 2015. Yes, you read that right. He's in PHX. today putting together a symposium with various elected officials: one in particular who cheated on his wife, has already "pulled out" ( ...) of the meeting because he's seeking re-election. And for the record, he'll be there at the brothel if it materializes, whether he admits it or not. Which coincides with my previous quote above where I state that "a PROSTITUTE can have MORE integrity than a SPOUSE or significant other". But I digress. Anyway, Hof's "proposal" is to set up "shop" here for 60 days total ( 30 days before AND 30 days after the big game) which, to his thinking, would help reduce sex trafficking among minors. It would be regulated like his places in Vegas are, and he would offer the city of Phoenix $500,000 dollars to make this a reality. Of course, that's in addition to the revenue this would generate. As of this writing, a KTVK news poll is saying that it's 55%-45% in FAVOR of this. Regardless of who wins the game, I guess for the first time spectators will also be able to SCORE ( ) as well IF the price is right. I look forward to what the MB community has to say about it, BOTH pro and con. Let's discuss, shall we?
Musicwhore A-Z is offline   Reply With Quote