Music Banter - View Single Post - The Music Banter top 500-A response to the Rolling Stone 500
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 10:18 PM   #43 (permalink)
Chips Fontaine
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Say if only one person has say e.g. Radiohead - Kid A at 7 that would be the same score as Rubber Soul with 7 points with 3 mentions all which are a higher ranking. Rubber Soul could have an average of 2.33... and a note with how many mentions the album gets. But if Sgt Pepper's had nine #1s and one #20 that would be 2.9 and that is lower than Rubber Soul's 2.33.

I think it's hard to come up with a formula Statistically that has a final score that makes sense.
I have fixed the formula but have yet to edit the original post due to working on the spreadsheet so far.

Rest assured, everything is groovy.

And to answer the question brought up about my participation to this, I'm totally committed to this, and I'm working on it as soon as I see new entries. My lack of posts within this thread does not mean I'm not here. The one thing I will not do is post what I have been working on so that this does not become a contest to make a certain record the best, this is about each person's who submits a list to be counted. people not associated to magazines or editors with axes to grind or agendas, everyday people.

Can we get to 500?

I think we can, we are well over 100 as of right now and this thread is not even a week old, the thread lasts until the end of the year.

So worry not about me, I will do my duty.

Chips Fontaine
Chips Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote