Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 03:27 AM   #958 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkaba
Man, I've read some shit in my lifetime. That came down the road of craptacular, turned right at retard's roundabout and went up the road to nowhere.

I see your trying to say the death penalty isn't just but what a meal you've made of it. People need to be punished. While no one person should dictate another persons life, it sure as hell sends a strong message out. It's like parenting. If you buy your kids cellphones and cook them their favourite dinners evernight, they're sooner or later going to realise they can have it their way all the time. If you don't lay down the law, people are just going to capitilise on it. It's human nature to try and beat the system. So when you've got smugglers and trafficers out there, they need to know the risks will be fatal, so best play hardball right?

As cheeseman said, you have to think about the flow on effects. They are always worse than the actual crime. And did you just say your kids would be the idiots? If you had a daughter and she was seduced and raped you would call it her fault for having a vagina?

Christ man wake up and smell the flowers. I don't like to see people dying as much as the next, and even for the smallest of offences by comparrison, but think about it...If that guy was a major player in a drug ring when a deal goes bad, there would be more then one person dying wouldn't there. I'm not saying it would have happened, but if it had, killing the guy now as a warning and punishment, would be more effective then letting it boil over where the government has no control.

It's all good and bad. Positive and negative lights to look at it from. I say no to the killings for such and such, but say yes for such and such also.
i agree with half_baked, nothing, absolutely nothing justifies a death penalty, besides, there are worse things you could do to a man than killing him, personally, i think locking someone in a 2 by 2 cell for the rest of their lives is far worse. and take into consideration that sometimes, people are wrongly accused, for argument sake, let's imagine you were that australian guy and let's say those drugs were planted on you, how would you feel? you're going to die and you had nothing to do with it. lovely jubbly ey? mistakes are bound to happen. and half_baked was only talking about drug abuse, you're damn right i would blame my kids for buying the drugs, unlike rape and other crimes, i'ts a personal choice, personally, i would never blame the drug dealer, it's either your fault for not educating your kids or your kids fault for being stupid dumbasses. and you don't seriously believe that the death penalty serves as a deterrent? people commit murder in a abnormal state of conciousness, you don't seriously believe they stop and think about how they're going to be punished for killing someone. and i would really like to know cheeseman, could you be the one doing the executing?

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote