Music Banter - View Single Post - How Much Of A Music Snob Are You (Quiz)
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 06:58 AM   #59 (permalink)
Dylstew
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I think that's kind of bogus honestly. I do the same thing, but I do that for any kind of file I have. I imagine people who do that are just OCD in general, music nerds like us just happen to have a lot of music files to edit.
haha, yeah, with any audio file I do it.
Since I get most of my music files through..certain methods, It takes even longer than it normally would. But it's so worth it.
I'm extremely OCD with my files. I hate it when I put a file on my phone, and something turns out to be wrong. At that moment I can only think about the fact that something is wrong and that I need to go home to my PC to fix the file xD.

These days I don't just correctly tag, but I also make sure my filenames and folders are correct. Artists>Album>Songs.
I number the studio albums in order of release. 01- name [year], so they appear in order in music games that can't read tags for example. Then for Ep's I just put EP 01 -, compilations comp 01, live's live -01, etc. The songs are just 01- song name, 02 - song name. I the name identical to the title tag using mp3tag.
Not all artists in my library have this because I started doing it later.

Last edited by Dylstew; 08-14-2014 at 07:11 AM.
Dylstew is offline   Reply With Quote