Music Banter - View Single Post - 27 Facts about Music, Culture and Life
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 12:47 AM   #19 (permalink)
COR7Nature
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Admittedly, I somehow missed that you were quoting him, not putting forward your own views, but you're aware he was fired from his mid-level music industry job and has never put his name on a single high-charting record? His career was nonexistent until he went online and started pretending to know what he was talking about for the benefit of other baby-boomers who want to believe they're counterculture and not simply part of the problem.
All good, just a misreading or misunderstanding, no worries.

I am actually aware of those facts. Where I differ is that I truly think he doesn't pretend. I honestly believe he 1000% goes full force behind what he says. I'd even go to the extent to say as he types up his blog posts, he has a good feeling of what reaction he'll get before he hits publish. I think he felt this way during the process since when he went online in 2000. I don't glorify or idolize the man. I disagree with a lot of his points but agree with a lot too. I respect him cause he has guts, but I wouldn't bend over backwards for the guy or compare him to JFK.

In any event, I didn't think this thread would go more than one page. It started discussion though where anyone can voice an opinion, and that's all that matters to me.
COR7Nature is offline   Reply With Quote