Music Banter - View Single Post - Why such controversy on Nu Metal?
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 01:09 PM   #168 (permalink)
Norg
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necro View Post
I know im being late on this thread, but this topic is interesting to me.
I should say i agree with you on the 2 traits of nu-metal, id just like to add that i also consider hardcore a major influence on nu-metal, heck id even consider nu-metal a remote subgenre of hardcore, since both are groove based but too simple/different to be called groove metal, so that leaves hardcore as the only heavy groove based genre that nu-metal can fit in. Cos admit it, its not rock, nor hard rock, nor hip hop, the guitars are too different, theres no blues/pentatonic bases tonality in songs and the vocal styles/screams are reminiscent of hardcore too.

Also, as a side note, i dont get how nu-metal being too simple is a problem for people, if anything it makes them sound hypocritical, cos those same people also happen to like ****in Beatles and if you hear a Beatles song with technical shredding and face-ripping riffs let me know.
And in general, this nu-metal-hate argument reveals a lot of hypocritical straw-man bull**** in that, the things those people criticise in nu-metal, i can find them in their favorite genres.
And nu-metal isnt my fav genre, neither in heavy music, nor in general, just sayin'.
uhhh u know Hardcore came out in like 2003 a little bit after Nu metal .....

unless your talking about bands like

Cro mags
bad brains
GG allen
etc etc etc

that came out around uhh 1988-1993 and most of those bands were from the East coast NY area and flordia milleesss away from califorina and KORN

and besides korn members were big into the hole LA scene when they were teens givin the close proximnty to them

so Hardcore of the early 90's had no effect on nu metal
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote