Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 03:09 PM   #971 (permalink)
IamAlejo
Muck Fusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
i was expecting that....but i would have liked an explanation. and hookers repremands me for thinking you're bush's cocksucker. and you persitantly say that you're not a republican, except for the fact that you gulp down everything bush serves you and you believe in the death penalty. to paraphrase a very clever ( and neandrathal ) croatian politician " be a man and admit you're a republican"
Haha, just because I believe in one President doesn't make me a Republican. I don't wanna get this whole thread off topic, but there have been many times I've gone against him, such as his first selection for the Supreme Court, who you said roughly you thought she was intelligent, etc when I said it was a bad choice on his side and no way she would get through (what happened?). Obviously the way I was raised and such have affected my political views, but in all times I try to step back look at the situation and make a intellectual choice based off my own feelings. You saying "I expected that...." is the same as me going "I expected you to say no to it since you're such a liberal".

On to the death penalty, I do think it's complete **** for someone to kill another person and then let them be able to sit in a jail for the rest of his life having his living area, food, etc, paid for by all the taxpayers while he does nothing. Honestly I've got an "eye for an eye" mentallity when it comes to murdering someone. There is no equal punishment for someone killing someone, so the only think logical is to do the same thing back to them. But I do believe it is extreme to have the death penalty applied to drug trafficing cases.