Music Banter - View Single Post - Why such controversy on Nu Metal?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 06:02 AM   #195 (permalink)
Necro
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended.us View Post
Yep. Whenever you have those commercial big label bands, for example: Korn, Limp Bizkit, and Linkin Park, a team of marketing experts take some creative control over the projects. You can expect some overproduction and simple easy to digest music. The record labels find bands that align with what they think will make them the most money. Nu Metal is probably one of those genres. They find some kids off the street with a laptop and little natural talent, and they get em to sign over. They inflate the newly popular artist's value through intense radio play, special fx, and massive promotional campaigns. They're essentially average musicians who play and sing superficial lyrics with those same old themes about hating, being hated, and being crazy, which explains where a lot of the hate/controversy comes from.

For example, look at the lyrics from Never Never.
[Verse 1:]
I don't ever wanna have to try.
Though I lie, It never flies.
I don't ever wanna have to die.
But deep inside, The death it hides.
And I never wanna clarify and justify so I run and hide.
And I never wanna signify so I pacify all the hate inside.

But really, though. Don't get me wrong! I enjoy some of these songs, although at the same time, I do recognize like many others do that they are essentially just simple songs with negative lyrics.
And Beatles were simple songs with positive lyrics. If compositional simplicity is enough grounds to discredit a genre than most of those "classic" rock bands are bad and dont hold up against anything half-complex.
Plus you used a song from 2013 which is neither nu-metal nor represents the primary lifespan of the genre.
And id rather have nu-metal 24/7 on TV than the total bull**** that passes for rock music thats airing instead.
Necro is offline   Reply With Quote