Music Banter - View Single Post - Why such controversy on Nu Metal?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 11:20 PM   #215 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylstew View Post
They're sub genres of Heavy metal, so yes, sort of it's all heavy metal, but I (Like someone else said) Mean that specific subgenre, the more traditional metal. it's a lot more accessible than Death Metal for example, because that's an extreme genre. That's an example of why I think sub genres are important to some extent. We can't call everything rock has spawned just plain rock because it's just too different from the traditional rock genre itself. All Punk and Metal sub genres technically fall under rock, but I still call it punk and metal to be clear. Just don't overdo it with taking them way too seriously or just using ones that are pointless. Bands are still supposed to be able to have different sounds in the same genre. Sub genres are also useful for describing a bands sound to someone, or just finding similar music.
Punk is rock? What are you talking about? Well wait, I guess it's called punk rock... Ahhhh! What have you done to me?! Nothing makes sense anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You joke, but that sounds kind of awesome. Like if Ufammamut and early Sepultura had a heavy metal baby.
Ufaa what?
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote