Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 07:41 PM   #987 (permalink)
Merkaba
Whitewater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber
yes, a person who killed one person should be punished in the exact same way as someone who killed many. There should be no distinction when it comes to taking the life of another human being. Are you saying that by killing "only one man", that person maybe just made a mistake, and we should just tell ourselves, well he only killed one person, everyone slips up. f*ck n., we don't need the death penatly to perpetrate murderers more effectively, what we need is a legal system that doesnt have the option fo parole for some crimes, such as murder or rape. I don't care if that person's "learned the error of his ways" and wants to be integrated back into the world to become a productive member of society. You commit a crime of that magnitude, the automatic sentence should be life in prison, no ifs ands or buts.
Thats a good point. The murderer should only be allowed to be set free when his victim comes back to life. Fair trade. But it won't happen, so the person should swallow what he deals. I always wondered why we have such weak legal systems and then have such extremist legal systems.

Over here about a month back a guy beat a truck driver with a hammer. The truckie didn't die but was pretty banged up. All he got was 5 years. And it was said he did it because he was emotionally upset and the truck driver had apparently tried to run him off the road earlier on. No matter how upset you are, you shouldn't be able to bash a guy with a hammer and only recieve 5 years. The driver could have died, and the sentence would have only gone up another five years. It's pathetic how the system allows people to have second chances while the dead can't come back to life.