Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 07:42 PM   #988 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
It's not naive at all, if the law intertwines Church and State (even though it may be there) it DOES make that law unconstitutional here.

And how can it be "backwardness" if it isn't anything new. If anything it would be called staying the same. You'd realize that our country has been much slower with dealing out death penalties because of people holding out for DNA testing, etc.

And please quit pretending like you know what I think. You look like a tool every time you say "I know you think this" or "I knew you would say that". You really don't. Thanks.
what the fuck?! first of all , i was speaking of the various lobbies that make or brake the laws in your country and those lobbies are very much of the christian variety. second, it can be called backwardness if the rest of the world ( or should i say Europe, which has always lead the way and aparently it always will as far as human rights are concerned ) has moved on and declared the death penalty to be inhumane and barbaric. thirdly, i have every right to say " i knew you were gonna say that " because i really did know, and i wouldn't have the need to say that if your views and thoughts weren't so goddamn conservatively predictable!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber
yes, a person who killed one person should be punished in the exact same way as someone who killed many. There should be no distinction when it comes to taking the life of another human being. Are you saying that by killing "only one man", that person maybe just made a mistake, and we should just tell ourselves, well he only killed one person, everyone slips up. f*ck n., we don't need the death penatly to perpetrate murderers more effectively, what we need is a legal system that doesnt have the option fo parole for some crimes, such as murder or rape. I don't care if that person's "learned the error of his ways" and wants to be integrated back into the world to become a productive member of society. You commit a crime of that magnitude, the automatic sentence should be life in prison, no ifs ands or buts.
i don't think that's a good viewpoint. i am of the opinion that sometimes there are extenuating circumstances, and if a person commited murder ( and i by no means equate murder with rape, which to me is a far lesser crime, serious yes, but not to be put in the same basket as murder ) in the heat of passion, he should have the posibility to repent and after having served his debt to society, to go free and try to live a normal life....studies have shown that very few people recommit murder after having served their full sentance.....

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote