Music Banter - View Single Post - Fallen idols: Rock stars behaving badly
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 01:31 AM   #23 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hat€monger ? View Post
Good story I just heard.

Hawkwind were playing the Cambridge Corn Exchange on the Space Ritual tour in 72, during the soundcheck the police turn up to do a search for drugs.

The band all run off the stage & leg it apart from Del Dettmar & Dik Mik who are fiddling around with their audio generators, they start playing these really high pitched weird noises and basically freak the fuck out of the police dogs to the point they refuse to enter the building causing the police call off the search.
That elevates my respect for the band to an even higher level. I'm taking a theremin and delay pedal with me when I play shows in case this situation occurs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewZealand View Post
That singer from LostProphets.......rock music will unfairly suffer because of what he did i.e people will think other rock musicians are like him.
Well I imagine that he'd have to make good music or be an important artist for that to happen, so don't sweat it.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote