Music Banter - View Single Post - Animal Rights Disproving Itself
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 08:36 AM   #23 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
This is a good point; anyone who has ever eaten a breakfast of bacon and eggs is on very shakey moral ground if they condemn the cat kicker.

Spoiler for in case anyone wants a reminder about battery-hen cruelty:

I suppose a distinction can be drawn -and presumably is drawn, legally- between cruelty to animals that serves some purpose and gratuitous cruelty, but morally that´s a rather blurred distinction and probably does little to console the battery hens.
I imagine it doesn't, but that doesn't mean that somebody willing to assault another being for no other reason than sadism is standing on the same ground as I am.

Quote:
^ Quite right! There are plenty of worse evils in society that should be attended to. If I were an American tax payer, I would be upset that my hard-earned tax payments were funding such a frivolous use of the legal system.
Punishing mindless sadism is a pretty good use of our tax dollars as far as I'm concerned. Much more useful than locking up nonviolent drug offenders.

Quote:
^ Sorry, Batlord, but are you seriously speculating about a guy having both his legs broken? IMO that is ghastly thing to consider and far more cruel than the guy´s original offence. He has been shamed on national tv and in a Musicbanter thread - isn´t that punishment enough?
I'm sorry, I'm supposed to care about this person's well-being? **** him. Why should I feel bad for him just because karma comes to collect?
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote