Music Banter - View Single Post - Animal Rights Disproving Itself
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 07:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

I didn´t really want to cross swords with the legendary Batlord, but I would like to say this:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I imagine it doesn't, but that doesn't mean that somebody willing to assault another being for no other reason than sadism is standing on the same ground as I am.
I don´t think I meant to say that we´re all on the same moral ground as the cat kicker, just that the moral divide is not that clear cut.
Also, I associate sadism with the deliberate infliction of pain, often applied, if the movies are to be believed, with slow relish, so I don´t think it´s the right word for what this guy did.
"Mindless" on the other hand is a perfect description. What I saw reminded me of the kind of unthinking cruelty that is not uncommon in small children.

Quote:
Punishing mindless sadism is a pretty good use of our tax dollars as far as I'm concerned. Much more useful than locking up nonviolent drug offenders.
I wouldn´t suggest that locking up nonviolent drug offenders was a useful way to spend tax dollars either, but I still feel that snarling up the law enforcement system over a couple of seconds of stupid behaviour (in which no person was hurt) is a waste of resources.
Quote:
I'm sorry, I'm supposed to care about this person's well-being? **** him. Why should I feel bad for him just because karma comes to collect?
^ I guess you don´t have to worry about this guy´s well-being if you don´t want to, Batlord, but your idea of justice is what? A kind of vigilante escalationism? Luckily it´s all hypothetical, but what should we do to a person who goes around breaking the legs of people who are cruel to animals? Perhaps the person who breaks the legs of the person who kicked the cat should have his tongue ripped out or something ...