Music Banter - View Single Post - Animal Rights Disproving Itself
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 09:32 PM   #28 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
I don´t know, WhateverDude, I´m still not really convinced. Maybe I have less sympathy for cats than other people here, but my impression of the video was that this was a one-off childish misdemeanor, not necessarily some perverse repeat offender, or a scourge sweeping the US that needs to be stopped.
I don't think it matters if it's just a one-off incident. What he did was stupid, cruel, and for good reason culturally unacceptable. It might not be a widely repeated act but it's still the same abusive behavior that deserves punishment. You don't get to get a get out of jail free card because it's the first time you kicked a cat. **** that. That's ****ing stupid.

Quote:
Also, the more laws you have, the more law breakers. Does America really need more people with criminal records? What´s going to come next - jail time for having over-due library books?
They wouldn't have criminal records if they didn't engage in criminal behavior. What he did is already illegal as it should be. Making the jump from (yes,) a one-time act of animal cruelty to criminalizing something as small fry, comparatively harmless, and unrelated as overdue fees is a folly device for discrediting an argument.
And still people want me dead
~msc
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote