Music Banter - View Single Post - Animal Rights Disproving Itself
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 11:53 PM   #38 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
few points, reading over the posts in this thread:

1. if dude punched another person in the face i doubt he'd be looking at a year in jail. this isn't a useful example of criminal justice. putting him in jail for a year only makes it more likely that he will come out an even worse person than he was before. there really isn't anything being accomplished here besides vicarious revenge.
A year? Probably not. Depends on criminal record and context. I knew someone who did I think 3 or 4 months for assaulting a bouncer so it definitely varies. He did the same thing again and got 6mo. I'm not sure how extremely you mean your statement but as a society we certainly can't have people just walking around punching people in the face and getting away with it... ideally.

Quote:
2. karma is bull****.
The hell? Who brought up karma? It's legal consequence. He kicked a cat and for the reasons I've already stated his actions deserve repercussions.

Quote:
3. property is not a synonym for inanimate. animals can be property, plants can be property, fungus can be property, bacteria can be property. the only form of life than can't be property (in civilized countries) is human, and even that is a rather recent innovation.
Perhaps not but that still doesn't mean animate property should be treated exactly the same as inanimate.

Quote:
4. people are still unwilling to look themselves in the mirror for the morally bankrupt hypocrites we truly are.
****ing what? Again, what does this have to do with anything? What point are you trying to make about what's being discussed here? We're talking about the ethical treatment and legal rights of animals, not some vague boring existentialist woe is me bull****.
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote