Music Banter - View Single Post - Animal Rights Disproving Itself
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 05:10 PM   #64 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post
Bulls-hit.
you're asking a lot of questions at once. some call this the shotgun method of making an argument. luckily this is a written forum so i can answer them one by one for your convenience, friend.

1. First, you're setting up a straw man argument. It assumes that animals raised as food really suffer "1000x" worse than an animal being abused. Where's your proof? I don't think you've ever seen true cases of animal abuse. I've seen people do things to animals that would make you puke.
actually, you're setting up a straw man argument. what i said was that animals in factory farms suffer 1000x worse than that one specific cat that got kicked. now you're talking about other cases of animal abuse that have nothing to do with anything i said and apparently would 'make me puke.' ****in ironic that you resort to the internet cliche of pointing out a fallacy by its name and then commit that very fallacy within the same thought. proof? i don't have "proof," you can call it a subjective claim. i can show you some videos of factory farms that will make me cringe way worse than the cat kicker video is all i'll say.

2. Moreover, where's your proof that the lives of livestock would be effectively easier if they lived in the wild where they would assuredly live no longer of a life?
when did i ever make this claim and how is it relevant?

3. Would you rather be killed fairly quickly in a slaughterhouse or ripped apart by a pack of dogs or a bunch of crocodiles?
why are you assuming that the method of execution is what i think is inhumane here?

I'm sure you've seen it on TV, it's f-ucking brutal to watch. The bottom line is that they are going to be food for something or someone--no getting around it.
actually they wouldn't even exist if we didn't breed them specifically for the purpose of consumption.

4. That raises the next issue of if we stop eating cows, what do we do with them all? Turn 'em loose? Vegans, anti-hunters and ban-all-guns fanatics apparently have no idea how many whitetail deer there are and how fast they multiply. Without a hunting season most wooded areas would be overgrazed resulting in mass starvation without the culling of deer. And, to me, if you kill an animal--you eat it.
why are you creating false dilemmas? we could kill off the ones we already have and process them as we are already doing and stop breeding new ones. this would effectively bring their existence to an end.

Quote:
Some animals make good companions, some make good hamburger. I see nothing hypocritical in making that distinction. In fact, failure to make that distinction is something we do at our own peril.
deep.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote