Music Banter - View Single Post - Animal Rights Disproving Itself
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 06:22 PM   #66 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
That's a bogus claim assuming we didn't run them out of their natural habitat. Grazing animals of all sorts live normal wild lives throughout the entire world. A cows miserable existence was purposefully created by humans for the sake of consumption as part of the solution for feeding the nation. The only animals that will ever need humans are the ones WE forced into human reliance. I suppose you could also make an argument for the ones we have made efforts to save from extinction, but I think in most cases we are to blame for the cause of their decreasing populus and extinction happens as part of the natural system (only time will tell if we manage to escape the inevitable changes the planet makes every x1000 years).
i'm not necessarily talking about the species, i'm talking about the millions/billions of individual animals that are born, raised and slaughtered for consumption. you can't just assume the natural world would have birthed all these animals regardless of our interference

Quote:
This is the bigger problem. We have developed the country in such a way making changes like this is near impossible. I'm all for a vegetarian lifestyle, organic farming, and all other things that hold the environment/wildlife near the top. The problem is creating realistic solutions to undo the last 100+ years of development. You can't just expect the majority of America to change over night. If we ever get there it will take some insane technological advances or a ****load of time and energy redefining American culture as we know it.
i'm not saying i do expect said changes. i'm a meat eater. i'm saying stop ignoring the fact that we are willing to look the other way when animals suffer and stop making dumb laws based on your instinct to protect cute ****.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote