Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 05:33 PM   #1123 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookers with machineguns
What exactly are the pro's of assisted suicide being supported by law? I'm serious, I want to know.

I obtained these statistics from an abortions statistics website (so take it with a grain of salt), but very interesting nontheless:

Women from 27 nations reported the following reasons for seeking an induced abortion:

* 25.5% – Want to postpone childbearing
* 21.3% – Cannot afford a baby
* 14.1% – Has relationship problem or partner does not want pregnancy
* 12.2% – Too young; parent(s) or other(s) object to pregnancy
* 10.8% – Having a child will disrupt education or job
* 7.9% – Want no (more) children
* 3.3% – Risk to fetal health
* 2.8% – Risk to mother's health
* 2.1% – Rape, incest, other

This was a big blow to me, because I always assumed the latter 3 were the most common reasons, but in reality they seem to be the least frequent. I am pro-choice, in that, I don't think law should forbid it. But based on these statistics, I think there has to be a global initiative to discourage these particular kinds of abortions. There needs to be even greater and stricter regulations with abortion clinic practices, or maybe there is a way to discourage doctors from performing these kinds of operations.
this is what i mean by saying that people are starting to consider abortion simply as another method of contraception.....and why i believe such behaviour to be reckless.....

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote