Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 08:40 PM   #12400 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
It's weird but the main reason im branching out to metal a bit it's cause of ppl like you and Briks.
i always thought metal fans were a little stuck up and elitist but some of you are really cool ppl and i want to hear what you guys appreciate in the music in hopes i can appreciate it too.

Plus the lyrics in that song are f*cking awesome.
i also like this one

A user in another site introduced them to me, which would be a good album to get into Manowar?
The problem with Manowar, is that as much as I love them, there's something wrong with most of their albums, even the good ones. Kings of Metal would have to be their penultimate record, and probably their most consistent. Into Glory Ride is another top contender, but it's got a slower, heavier pace than their other albums, and isn't the most accessible choice for newer listeners, but it's become one of my favs. For their modern albums, the only one that isn't hopelessly-flawed-but-with-a-few-godlike-songs is Warriors of the World.

And if you're gonna listen to Manowar, then you've gotta be able to take cheese. They are the definition of cheese in metal. The fact that you don't cringe at the lyrics to "Die for Metal" is a good sign though.

From Kings of Metal...

From Into Glory Ride...

From Warriors of the World...

Oh god. I was just thinking about working on that story I dropped a year ago for my first journal, and Manowar is pretty much the soundtrack to that, so the urge is growing.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote