Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 10:47 PM   #1124 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Ok, I'd like to say, that women really are the ones who have the opinions in this. But it seems to be becoming the mans, for example the retired independent senator Brain Harradine who made the abortion drug RU-486 illegal in Australia. Why does everyone else but the women in the situation of prolife and prochoice get the main voice?

It definitely comes down to the individual woman. If mothers have the rights over children being born, then shouldn't they be freely allowed to make the decision to whether they will have the child. This is just being non-biased.

It's such a tricky situation, what with woman being raped by dirty pieces of scum, what can they do if abortion is illegal? Do you want your 11 year-old daughters having children because they have no choice? What about the ill-equiped mothers out there, poor as hell? What about the drug addicts getting pregnant? Of course we have to think about the children, but we also have to consider the situation they are going to born into, maybe death would be better than being beat up, abused, or forced into prostitution?

Of course there is the other side of the story, women choosing to have abortions because they "arn't at that stage", career is more important. That makes the infertile women angry because they can't have any choices.

I havn't come up with a one-sided opinion, but I don't think this should be treated lightly. I don't see there ever being a solution to this problem.