Music Banter - View Single Post - Led Zeppelin - Jimmy Page Kidnapping A Child
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 08:04 AM   #17 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Yeah, I don't know the cultural climate of the '70s and how pedophilia and pederasty was viewed, so I can't really make the same accusation toward him or Steven Tyler that I could about someone in this day and age, but someone that young and immature is clearly not capable of living as a functioning adult, as I imagine they would have to to live that kind of lifestyle. I have to imagine that Jimmy would basically have had to act like her father---keeping her fed, making sure of her travel plans, dealing with normal teenage "stuff" that a parent would otherwise be responsible for. I'm sure he had handlers for much of that, but he couldn't have been ignorant of the kind of girl he was dealing with, and to be able to have that kind of relationship with a girl like that, and a sexual one at the same time, is predatory, even if he wasn't aware of it. Given how prevalent this kind of thing seemed to be, I'm going to chalk it up to rock star super-ego warping his sense of reality rather than necessarily being manipulative to the point of being a sociopath, but still, that's not okay in any way, shape, or form.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote