Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 09:16 PM   #1901 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
i'm sorry but these talking point really tend to annoy me. none of the above was done in the name of christianity except maybe on the face of it bush but really it was just basic geopolitics.

as for the atheist atrocities. isn't a coincidence that every atheist atrocity happens to be in some communist dictatorship. stalin and mao weren't like "****, since there's no god to stop us lets eliminate unwanted ethnic groups and exploit peasants to the point of starvation for the benefit of our own regime." they were atheists cause marxism saw religion as a threat so atheism was built into the ideology but besides that it's mere circumstance that they happened to be atheistic regimes that committed genocides. they didn't kill 50 million people in the name of 'who gives a **** since there's no god anyway.'
I do think it's harder to separate crappy things Muslims do from their faith but I still think you could make the same geopolitical arguments if you wanted to.

Islam is probably the worst but since there's almost zero Islamic presence where I live I'm not that worried about it. I'm more worried about the horrible things my own culture is up to.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote