Music Banter - View Single Post - The Music Banter Members' Journals Monthly Update Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 05:22 AM   #429 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

A small note of advice:

While it's truly great to see the Journal section hopping again, I have noticed that some people don't seem aware of one important point. If you link to a large picture, or post one, the text follows that picture, often off the screen, so that it may not be possible to read it all without scrolling right all the time. This is annoying and may cause people not to bother reading your articles.

Can everyone just think about maybe either linking to a smaller picture, or if they can't find one and really want the big one, save it, resize it, upload it and then link to it? If you use the "preview post" feature when writing your articles (which I'm sure we all do) you can see quite clearly if an oversize picture is pushing your text beyond the limits of the page.

Don't worry: I'm not perfect. I've done it too and had to go back and amend the picture. Of course, you're not under any obligation to do this, but it can definitely ruin the experience when someone tries to get past a huge picture to see the rest of what you wrote, then back left then right and so on: I'm sure it would get frustrating.

I may add this to my Journal Guide, but for now just wanted to put it out there, so that those to whom this is happening can consider it.

Thanks