Music Banter - View Single Post - What Concerts Are You Going To In The Next Few Months
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 02:45 PM   #3526 (permalink)
EPOCH6
V8s & 12 Bars

White Lung was absolutely nuts. Since they released their latest album they've kind of skyrocketed from small time punk band to Rolling Stone articles in half a year, basically ascending to the peak of the Vancouver punk scene. So I meet up with the crew and we head to the venue in Vancouver, total hipster bar. The two opening bands were pretty mellow indie rock, crowd wasn't really digging it, little to no movement. Curtain goes across the stage, White Lung sets up, they start their set, curtain opens, entire place goes ****ing ape **** eruption in 10 seconds. I've never seen the mood of an audience change that drastically that quickly, entire floor was a pit, crowd surfing and stage diving in a quaint hipster bar. They've developed so much as a band this year, especially with the addition of Hether Fortune of Wax Idols on bass, they're all genuine performers at the top of their game now, and it has been a long time since I've seen a bar band work an audience that well. Amazing show, one of the best I've ever seen, and one of the best albums of the year. All hail White Lung.

The Tea Party tomorrow.
Pallbearer on Wednesday.
There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote