Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #12710 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathon Delsy View Post
System Of A Down- their eponymously titled debut album, catchy punky grunge done with real class, blending in Armenian influenced eastern scales and intervals.
Tristan und Isolde, cond. Furtwangler 1952, full of slow epically building crescendos of dazzling dramatic power, it don't come better than this.
Various Bruckner concertos, again conducted my the fantastically creative Furtwangler. I believe these to be recently re-discovered recordings done during WW11 that were confiscated by the victorious Soviets, and they have now been restored and released. Furtwangler like a magician breathes new life into these scores, full of dazzle and swooping swirling lushness, as orchestral music should be but rarely is. I cannot post links as I'm a new contributor here, but I found them on YouTube, search Bruckner / Furtwangler and saviour a sumptuous musical feast.
Mastodon- Leviathan- supremely heavy, manly and mighty, operatically epic progressively influenced heavy rock.
Introducing The Minutemen- quicky kooky spunky punky funky stuff, very creative and fun.
Frampton Comes Alive- outstanding musicianship and showmanship from this pretty boy.
Tommy- The Who- Best of British here

I like to keep my doors of perception well and truly opulently open, and a vital variety of musical offerings helps keep the cobwebs away and the juices flowing.
Bet it sounds like shit with all that playing at the same time

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote