Music Banter - View Single Post - Atheism and its negative stigma...
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 03:09 AM   #106 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
How do you know that Christians in America "aren't feeling persecuted cause christians in islamic countries and christians in africa are actually persecuted."
simple common sense.
Quote:
It could be very well they have some amount of sympathy for them, and while they are not personally being physically persecuted they have an understanding that part of a larger group they identify with are being persecuted. While they are not the same exact problems Christians around the world face, American Christians feel what they face is part of a larger picture of anti-Christian sentiment.
feeling bad for someone else's persecution shouldn't give you the idea that you yourself are being persecuted, even if you identify as being a part of the same group as them in some sense. i might point to atheists being persecuted in islamic countries and cite that as a reason to believe that i am being persecuted for atheism in america. if i was desperate enough to whine about something, i might do that. but i don't have a fetish for victimhood, so i don't bother.
Quote:
The Syrian Christians been practicing their religion for nearly two thousand years, I highly doubt recognizing the fact they were being persecuted as using a victim card or pushing an agenda.
you really thought i was referring to the syrian christians with that sentence? i can never tell if you're trolling me, lol
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote