Music Banter - View Single Post - The Music Banter Members' Journals Monthly Update Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 05:25 AM   #474 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hat€monger ? View Post
What's the deal with people starting up new journals every time they get a new idea or want to ditch an existing one?

Someone who updates frequently like Trollheart I can understand why he does it otherwise stuff gets buried but I don't see why anyone else needs to.

You can't manage 2 or 3 ideas in one journal?
Nobody wants to read the same shit over and over again, put a bit of variety in them.
Who are you talking about here Urban? I don't see, at first glance, anyone starting more than one journal for the same ideas, apart from ones that have been ditched as you say, and that's usually because the idea for it has changed.

I certainly don't want to get into a situation where everyone has ten journals, none of which are updated, but I'd rather people were making journals than not. As long as each is legitimately updated; don't want a mini-graveyard of journals here...

Maybe it's my fault for starting the idea, but as you say each journal is on a different theme and there's a proper reason for them, so I feel in order to focus attention on one particular aspect of my writing I do often need to put it in a separate journal. F'r instance, the "1001 albums" idea would not work in my current one, nor would "The Showroom"...