Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 05:21 PM   #2147 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

when i lived in south florida there were so many homeless people. i guess cause its warm and they can survive out there without freezing to death. anyway they usually panhandled on the concrete mediums between intersections cause thats where people get stuck in traffic and they walk up to your window looking sad and homeless. and there were some real cases down there not like your nice shirt guy so it was kind of hard not to feel bad for them but it was like there were too many of them.. you would honestly go broke if you gave money to each one you saw.

so it was pretty competitive. and there were some who had gimmicks sorta. i know this is going to sound kind of ****ed up but the gimmick would be that they are missing a leg or an arm and they'd say vietnam vet and **** like that. then there were some who tried to make funny signs to stand out. there was one dude that my dad knew named kurt. he knew him through the sobriety program. he knew a lot of them that way. anyway one day kurt found a traveler's bag full of women's dresses. and for whatever reason kurt decided to wear these dresses while he panhandled. and he boosted up his profits pretty good by doing so. it's pretty ****ed up, i know. but it's true.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote