Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 11:22 AM   #12903 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMenard View Post
Why?

Ok, it's not their best album, far from it, but it is still interesting musically speaking. Beside I got it half priced from a coworker who received it twice for present this christmas...
I guess it's okay if you like it. I feel otherwise though. From my journal:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Being a pretty big Pink Floyd fan, I felt obligated to check out their newest release from this year. Ki and Trollheart have been singing this album's praises, but they're prog fans and not to be trusted, so I thought I'd toss my opinion into Journaltown. Now, I think that Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell are shitstains on an otherwise great catalogue and this is made up of a series of unreleased tracks from The Division Bell, so my hopes weren't too high. Man was I surprised.

[snip]
Pink Floyd - The Endless River

It's even fucking worse than I expected. Do you have insomnia? Forgo the melatonin or going to this doctor for a prescription, just throw this album on and you'll sleep like a drunk baby. I could give a fuck about this endless river of shit being a cash grab from Pink Floyd, if it was musically interesting I would listen to it regardless. Much like Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music being a middle finger to the music industry and I still enjoy it, the intentions of the artist mean nothing to me. There are points on the album where I thought to myself "holy shit! They're actually doing something interesting!" But I guess Pink Floyd decided that having a song or album be interesting all the way through wouldn't be what Richard Wright wanted. I've even listened to this album stoned, and it still did nothing for me. It is a sad world we live in when a Pink Floyd album doesn't impress someone who's high as a kite. Unless you like wanky new age bullshit, avoid, avoid, avoid. I wasted my time with this record so you don't have to. You're welcome.

I'm not going to put an art piece with this one. Doesn't seem fitting.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote