Music Banter - View Single Post - The French Massacre - Do We Stand Up For Free Speech?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 07:04 AM   #223 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

And so it begins again. And I thought we were finally moving past the fighting...

Heh. Anyway, I understand your point. When terrorists start killing people, the world feels the need to take action, and they have every right to. But blindly rushing in with guns blazing isn't always the answer; in fact, that attitude is kind of what got the world into this mess in the first place. All i'm saying is that this is a complicated issue, and all opinions should be heard and respected for their worth. Because when you don't respect the opinions of others, they lose respect for your opinions. And then the fighting starts, and at the end of the day, all that has changed is that the body count has risen. True change is enacted by understanding, and until the world learns that, people are going to keep shooting each other up. You may destroy one terrorist cell, but another will just pop up to take it's place. And this will keep happening until the political and socioeconomic factors of the world start to change. So you see, violence is an incredibly tempting solution, but it's just a temporary fix, and in the end will result in even more bloodshed.

Last edited by Oriphiel; 01-12-2015 at 07:09 AM.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote