Music Banter - View Single Post - The French Massacre - Do We Stand Up For Free Speech?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 07:35 AM   #313 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
i think you really just don't understand my posts to be honest. i don't think i have associated all of islam with extremist groups and i don't think i ever once advocated retaliating with violence. the quotes that you drag up of me supposedly doing so are me saying that we shouldn't back down and by this i mean we shouldn't self-censor to appease them. i was specifically referring to chula & co's argument that the magazine should have known better than to attack islam in this way. basically that would be self censorship for the sake of appeasing terrorists, in my opinion, which is specifically what i have been arguing against the entire time. i really did try my best to make this clear to you but it seems there is honestly some sort of communication barrier between us.

my comments about arresting the terrorists was me specifying that this is the only 'violence' i'd endorse as a response to the attacks. not that this is going to end terrorism or anything like that. but either way criminals need to be arrested for their crimes. right?

every point you have 'destroyed' is a point i never made. that is what is usually referred to as 'fighting straw-men' which is why it's ironic you ended your post that way lol
John, you're just embarrassing yourself at this point. Look at the part of your post that I bolded. Now read my post again, especially the beginning and the end:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
And yet not a single person in this thread ever said that we should give in to their demands and accept censorship. But by all means, feel free to keep fighting straw-men.
Trollheart and Chula were advocating being cautious; they never once said that people should be censored, or that we should just take the act of terrorist lying down. You're fighting an enemy that doesn't exist. Every single insane sentiment that you've spouted out has been thoroughly refuted. But you're right about one thing, though; I am attacking a straw-man. Namely, you. Because that's what you are. You have absolutely no intellectual substance in such matters, a fact that has become more apparent with each of your posts. Even by your own admission, you're fighting over a topic (censorship) that nobody is disputing. Why are you still here?
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote