Music Banter - View Single Post - The French Massacre - Do We Stand Up For Free Speech?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 06:46 PM   #358 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
i didn't randomly bring it up.. i've been talking about it the entire time which i just demonstrated in my last post that you conveniently decided not to read. actually maybe you haven't been reading any of my posts. that would actually explain this discourse rather well.

and no means no. don't be a rapist
If you were really arguing in favor of freedom of speech this whole time, then it actually just makes you look like a complete idiot. Because you chose to start a fight about the absurdity of censorship with the guy who not too long ago wrote this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
I'll be brief; I don't support violence. A person can walk down a street wearing whatever shirt they want, they don't deserve to be killed. And if someone says something that offends another person, they don't deserve to be killed. Fighting against terrorists and bullies is something that will never end, but guess what? Such is the way of life. Everything simultaneously repeats and fades away. But just because our lives are brief doesn't mean we shouldn't try to make the most out of the time we have. And just because violence is an inevitability doesn't mean that we shouldn't do what we can to prevent needless deaths. I will always support the freedom of expression, even if people choose to use that freedom to be complete jerks towards each other. Because the best society, in my mind, isn't the one where everyone is nice to each other; it's the one where people get to decide whether they want to be nice or mean, without having to worry about someone killing them for their thoughts.

But hey, it's the endless debate, right? Let's simply agree to disagree. But try to remember that the freedom of expression is one that you're enjoying right now, as you argue with me. Without it, we wouldn't even have the ability to be discussing this topic right now. Losing that freedom, even in small pieces over a long period of time, is a horrible tragedy.
Congrats, John. I don't know how or why you did it, but you managed to start a fight with the one person who actually agreed with your point of view. You are the ultimate failure of debaters worldwide. Now get the hell out of my thread.

Oh, and by the way, a rape joke? Really? Very classy.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote