Music Banter - View Single Post - A Long List of Rappers You Probably Never Heard Of
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 11:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

I don't think that's necessarily true Sparky. They may not make it to a list of my favorite MCs but I think that most of them have at least a handful of songs I enjoy. I'm gonna attach a song to each name when I get the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
Are most of those rappers "spitters" a la Rittz, Tech N9ne, Crooked I etc., or are they more interesting?
Nah, that's not really my style. Go check em out yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulbasaur View Post
depending on where you're looking, some of these (maybe half a handful) are pretty popular. classified, hilltop hoods being big in australia, illmaculate being one of the more known battle rappers, dzk being a more notable "netcee". hell, i used to bug icon the mic king on aim back in 2006 with a group of internet pals.
Agreed for sure, the "probably never heard of" was aimed more at the MB community than to label the artists as "super underground". I agree depending on location it will definitely influence what you have heard. I'm sure there is TONS of west coast underground I have no clue exists but it's hard to find here in NJ. There a quite a few Aussy rappers on the list, I like what they bring to the table.

PS -I skimmed through your list and you probably know One Man Army (aka One Be Lo) + Senim Silla as the duo group Binary Star. I'd be surprise if you didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulbasaur View Post
if you haven't already started one, i think a hip-hop journal from you would be rad.
I'm not big on the words. I attempted starting one when I first joined and quickly realized I had very little to say beyond "I love this album" or "I hate mainstream".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micco View Post
People I can say I know are a lot of the more "mainstream underground" (if you can say that) cats like Abstract Rude, Collective Efforts, El Da Sensei, Classified, Percee P, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micco View Post
Ugly Duckling's is too classic. I got my eye on the gold chain, just a little samba, very creative and dope ****.
Yeh there are definitely a lot of mainstream underground artists on the list that the hiphoppers I know from plug will probably know but I included them anyway.

I actually didn't know that Collective Efforts is a popular group. Is it like a downsouth thing? They definitely don't get recognized in the tri-state AFAIK.

The purpose of this thread was to do a mass introduction into the underground instead of me constantly posting recos in the sticky. Some of it represents what I truely love about the underground and some of it are just artists I discovered along my journey. I'm not gonna vouch for every MC on the list but some of you may enjoy it so I included them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump

Last edited by DwnWthVwls; 01-20-2015 at 12:22 PM.
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote