Music Banter - View Single Post - Drink driving
Thread: Drink driving
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 12:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

^that post was written on a smartphone

but to bring up a somewhat related topic, in my experience driving while tired is just as dangerous if not more dangerous than driving while intoxicated. if i am drunk but not drunk to the point of stumbling around, i can probably drive safer than i can if i am in that state where sleep is beckoning me and my brain is shutting down against my will.

not that i am encouraging drunk driving or anything, but honestly i used to work the graveyard shift and sometimes after work on the way home i would find myself on the sidewalk or i would hear my car just barely bumping up against the bushes next to the guard rail on the high way while going 80 mph. and that's what broke me out of my sleepy trance. and the thing that really sucks is i honestly didn't have much of an alternative. i lived a few towns over from my job. i couldn't afford to live where i worked, and i couldn't take public transport cause of the hours that i worked. the economy was **** and so i was lucky to even have a job, so it wasn't easy for me to just find somewhere closer to work.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote