Music Banter - View Single Post - Free Will - an illusion?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 07:42 PM   #58 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
imo the debate is in how the choice happens and who is really in control. that is why i asked you to define "you" as an agent or entity. certainly you must think of yourself as having some type of agency. it is actually kind of tricky to define our own agency which is why i was asking you to do so.
I = me. I wake up every day, piss, walk the dogs, take a ****, walk the dogs, shave, take a shower, go to work for 9 hours, go to the market and buy sh*t, stock the shelves, walk the dogs again, pour a drink, watch the TV, go to sleep.

Sometimes I do this note for note.

Sometimes I alter it a bit.

Exactly WTF are you talking about? I have the free will to not walk the dogs and let them **** on the rug. I have the free will to not buy milk when we need it. I have the free will to blow off work and lose my job if I choose to do so.

WTF are you talking about? Give it to me in nuts and bolts, day to day verbiage. No psychobabble.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote