Music Banter - View Single Post - Biggest Forum Windbag
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 07:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
i actually prefer it when people take the effort to put it their own words, because often the article isn't saying the same exact thing that the poster is saying, it's just linked in some way but the emphasis might be completely different. and so if they just post an article and leave it at that i might not get the full impression of what they are trying to convey.

#****thehaters
#larehipforpropagandaczar
This guy gets it.
There would be no point in my grabbing a Wiki article (assuming this is directed towards my reviews) and pasting it into my journal. Why do that? Anyone can do that. Also as I said, it's against forum rules. Wiki and other articles can be used to illustrate the points you want, but if you're just going to quote them verbatim don't kid yourself you're a writer. All you are is a Xerox machine on legs.

I can't understand the mentality of anyone saying such a thing. So for a review of an album you just quote someone else's words and don't bother adding anything of your own?

I should also add (doing well to win Forum Windbag here!) that anything I write is done not to seem intelligent (I don't consider myself an intellektu --- intellexua --- intellieck -- smart guy at all) but to show that I know whereof I write, give some background, add some personal insight and hopefully make the resultant article more enjoyable for the reader.

Or at the very least, to annoy the hell out of them.