Music Banter - View Single Post - Bitesize: Trollheart's Daily Album Mini-Reviews
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 05:44 AM   #212 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Gahh! I need a drink!

Artiste: Moonshine Avenue
Nationality: Swedish?
Album: Moonshine Avenue
Year: 2015
Label:
Genre: Rock
Tracks:
Bad mistake
15 minutes of fame
The only one
Wake me
Moonshine asylum
Forgotten man
Rebel
Believe me
Bottoms up
Shotgun blues
Sleepless night
USA

Chronological position: Debut album
Familiarity: Zero
Interesting factoid:
Initial impression: The hammer has come down! Hard!
Best track(s): Wake me, Moonshine asylum, Believe me, USA
Worst track(s): Nothing bad per se, but most of the tracks are pretty mediocre
Comments: Another band about whom I can find out little or nothing. Seems they may hail from Sweden, and have been together since late 2010, so perhaps five years is a long time to wait before releasing your first album? It certainly kicks off hard and heavy enough with a driving, pounding beat that reminds me in places of southern rock bands mixed in with a dollop of Metallica-style metal. Seems a little formulaic lyrically though: “I walked a mile in your shoes/ Singing those lonely blues” -- oh dear. Good guitar work though. Are they trying to sound too American?

Yeah, I think maybe they are. A lot of the songs are good, some great, but it’s all been done before and I don’t hear anything new here that I haven’t heard before. Do we really need another band who aren’t from the US but display all the characteristics of being from there? That’s not to say they’re not a good rock band, but I don’t see them as anything special I have to say. This, from their minimal bio on ReverbNation, says it all, I feel:
”Heavy groove at a never ending pace.Made for the stage.The music of Moonshine Avenue should not be trapped on a cd. When you listen to the music, it´s like looking on a bull caught in a Nissan Micra.It´s beersplatter and hardnecking bikers whit no selfrespect. It´s spontaneous dancing and singalong choruses.”
Um, what are “hardnecking bikers”? Trying too hard guys, trying too hard. Yeah, just bored now. Next.
Overall impression: Meh. Good at what they do but very cliched.
Hum Factor: 4
Surprise Factor 1
Intention: Not really bothered to be honest