Music Banter - View Single Post - Missing Posters Bulletin Board
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 12:23 PM   #507 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ I never pay much attention to that thread, but you´re right, a neat, novelesque coincidence like that would be perfect. Maybe Flyingpig stole Derek´s K-pop collection to pay for Cheryl´s favours one night. Either that, or Derek is none other than Trollheart.

(And welcome back, btw, Pet_Sounds !)
No. K-pop is not my thing. My name may be Deryck but it's spelled differently. Also I'm not insane. So far as can be legally proven, anyway...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

I'm not certain how long it's been, but I got a reminder from Goofle to check in, and naturally the first thing I did was vainly search the forum for references to my name, and here I am.

I am currently at university, still working on my Honours in psychology, and I'm working in three labs on campus doing research. It's the most intensive work I have had to do yet. I'm on campus working 7 days a week on a project for the Social Work lab, as well as more minor tasks for the Health Psychology and Forensic Psychology labs. Fortunately, if you work hard, opportunities find you, which is why I've got research coming out of my ears.

It's exhausting though, and last semester I just about died from the stress; I was sick with back-to-back illnesses for two months and was in and our of clinics. At one point I thought I had leukemia, but it was literally just stress suppressing my immune system. This semester has been heaps better, although no easier. I think I may just have adapted to the level of intensity.

Unfortunately, my life literally only consists of work and classes. Also, I have a cat as of 9 pm last night, which is the current Big Deal of the Week.

And yeah. Tl;dr, I haven't had a full night's sleep in five months, but I'm killing it at university.

Thank you guys for asking. It's always nice to get a reminder that you were a valued part of a community once.
ARE a valued member, I think everyone will agree...
Woo-hoo! Welcome back Ped, if only for a short visit. What's the kitty's name? Pictures please!