Music Banter - View Single Post - The Music Banter Members' Journals Monthly Update Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 02:53 PM   #586 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

while oddly enough,

goes to the informal framework journal I put together a few weeks ago. http://www.musicbanter.com/members-j...l-authors.html Not even really a journal per se, more a sounding board, brainstorming, get-round-a-table-and-discuss-ideas-for-our-journals sort of thing, but there has been a lot of debate in it this week, mostly revolving around whether or not videos (YouTubes) are essential to an album review. Opinion is divided on the subject: I say they aren't, everyone else says they are. Feel free to have your say, if you care. But for discussion I think this one takes it.

As mentioned, our old mate Powerstars, he of the thought-filled barf and so on, has made a triumphant return and we look forward to his new video-based journal.

How about I just give this as a permanent award to Ki, eh? How would that be? Come on youse guys! Step your game up! Can't have him winning every week! As he does this week, again, for his Herculean efforts. Again.

So having finished off Ant's debut effort it's time to check out another of the

and as announced last week it's going to be
http://www.musicbanter.com/members-j...seur-cave.html
which began at the end of October 2013. Briks began, after a scary spider picture, with a mention of Helloween's opus Keeper of the seven keys and then as October turned to November he nipped forward in time, stole my idea for comparing Black Sabbath albums and came back to match Paranoid against Master of Reality ... what? You don't think that will stand up in court? Do you know how much I pay my lawyers?? Next he actually reviewed KotSK and then the seminal debut album by Sabs, before turning onto Modest Mouse and then comparing Meat is Murder and The Queen is Dead, as November ran down into the Christmas month.

As I did with every other journal (or ones that have enough content) I will be doing two months each week. Admittedly, Briks's journal started at the end of November, but still, two months is all ya get! Also, as Urban registered his annoyance at posting extracts from people's journals here, I will in future only do that with the permission of the author. So Briks, let me know if you're okay to have parts posted from next week, OK?

And finally, a job opportunity not to be missed!

Yes, Trollheart is hiring!
I am finding keeping up with all the updates, especially given all the extra sections I've added, a little difficult, and so I'm advertising for the position of assistant journal update thread editor. The job comes with no salary, no desk and no lunch break, but plenty of backbreaking and thankless work. You will be required to be on call 24/7/364 (you get Christmas Day off, as do I. If you intend to die, you must make your application thirty working days in advance in order to be allowed the day off) and will get little or no credit for your work.
Just kidding. I will credit you. A little.
No. Seriously.
A little.
If anyone's interested, I'm particularly looking for help with the upcoming (yes it's still happening) Year in Review, and also the Second Journey Awards, which is going to take some time to sort out. If anyone is suitably braindead enough to be interested, please PM me with your CV (Chocolate/Vanilla ice cream) and we can discuss it.

So as I clear out my inbox and await a flood of prospective applicants () it's time to say goodbye once again as we reach the end of the last update for February. Imagine: next week it will be March! Who mentioned Christmas??
Toodles!