Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 06:30 PM   #752 (permalink)
grtwhtgrvty
jiojoijoi

I never said I was an expert. I said I was more educated than someone saying it was stupid to view depression as something that isn't a choice.

You remind me of my cousin who is also a psych major and labeled depression as "not having any feelings whatsoever"

I'm qualified because I'm educated and I've suffered from Bipolar Type II, PTSD, and anxiety disorder my entire life. I had my first depressive episode at the age of six. I'm educated by my therapists, my psychiatrists, and my nurse practitioner, as well as the literature that they give me. So I actually have first hand experience on the subject, and second hand experience witnessing someone who literally won't even move because their depression is so terrible. Literally they sit there and get fed and then **** themselves. They barely sleep. They sit there staring blankly peeing and pooping when they need to onto the bed, onto the clothes, etc. You think it's a choice? That the person is rationally and coherently choosing to sit motionlessly all day ****ting themselves?

You've been in school for a couple of years and read textbooks about it. I've actually lived it ONTOP of reading a great deal about it so don't question my education because this is what I've learned first hand and what I've been told point blank by every therapist I've ever had.

Have fun with your textbook but whatever you learn in your textbook doesn't really mean anything or compare to the reality of it and I'm surprised they didn't tell you that on day one.