Music Banter - View Single Post - What is/was your favourite PHYSICAL music shop or store?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 01:26 AM   #33 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Tom at The Bop Shop in Rochester, NY was my initiation into exquisite vinyl. Bop Arts has been responsible for every jazz act that came to the city for the last 35 years, and they're still going strong.

The staff are genuine article music gurus and provide a wealth of information for those looking to build their libraries of 20th century music. The day Tom learned I hadn't heard Stockhausen he pulled a five-alarm fire and sent a dude running to the DG section for an original press of Kontakte / Gesang der Jünglinge.

My greatest score ever from the Shop - my legendary Tom Waits haul of nearly every Waits record in NM condition, all original pressings.

I wouldn't have the musical chops I have today without The Bop Shop.

I'll also throw in a good word for Bruised Apple Books & Music in stupidly-expensive Peekskill, NY. Two gents run a cozy little bookstore with a killer used vinyl section with titles like Captain Beefheart's Grow Fins rarities 3-volume set and the self-titled monumental record by The Last Poets. That shop was my lifeline for my time in Peekskill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote